Outdoor Dock Diving Pool
Swimming is not only fun but offers many physical therapy benefits to aging dogs and dogs that suffer from joint pain, arthritis, muscle, soft tissue pain and obesity. Hydrostatic pressure from the pool has been known to reduce pain and inflammation. It helps to build and maintain muscle mass, increase range of motion, improve circulation, relieve pain, stiffness and swelling, weight loss and provides mental stimulation. And of course, it is fun!
The dog pool is available by appointment.
30 min - Dock Diving private session (with an instructor)
*Mandatory for all new clients*
30 min - Self Service private swimming (no instructor)
$10 per additional dog
60 min - Self Service private swimming (no instructor)
this service includes up to 4 dogs
4h - Half Day Pool Booking (self service, no instructor)
pool party - up to 8 dogs
The Dog Pool will host several weekend NADD sanctioned competitions!
Diving dogs is a canine sport in which dogs are enticed to run the length of a dock and leap as far out into the water as possible to compete for height or distance. They're motivated to fly with a prized toy, which is thrown just out of reach in order to help them keep their momentum and get the best launch angle possible.
Dock Diving is one of the fastest growing sports for your dog. North America Diving Dogs is an organization that has enhanced the sport by working with dock diving facilities & competitors across North America.
North America Diving Dogs titles are recognized by the Canadian & American Kennel Club. Your dog DOES NOT have to be an CKC/AKC registered dog to participate in a North America Diving Dogs trial.
Do you have a a dog that you would like to swim…or are wondering if he/she CAN swim? We can assess your dog's swimming ability, and do swim lessons to help him/her learn.
Ready to get started? Book your 30 min session with an instractor here:
Please read carefully.
• You must sign our waiver prior to entering the pool area.
• Only K9 Fun Centre staff is allowed in our pool or on our ramp, no customers, no exceptions.
• Please do not feed your dog at least 3 hours prior to their pool time.
• One dog on the dock at a time (must have staff approval for multiple dogs).
• Only dog on dock may be off leash all other dogs must be leashed at all times.
• Maintain a 6' distance between all other dogs.
• No Flexi-leads on premises.
• Prong collars/E-collars/Harnesses must be removed before entering the pool area.
• No pushing or shoving dogs into the pool.
• Notify staff of any equipment damage or problems.
• Notify staff if your dog pottied on the deck or in the pool so we may sanitize properly.
• Fines may be implemented for cleaning $50 dock accident $200 pool accident.
• Take mid-swim potty breaks to prevent accidents.
• Female dogs in heat are exempt from participating in all meets/dock practice/swim sessions.
• You are responsible for your dog's waste, please pick up after your dog and use the refuse bins provided.
• Children under the age of 12 may not participate in the dog's swim training. They are welcome to come and observe, but must remain seated throughout the training session. Children must be accompanied by adults.
• All children under the age of 18 must have their parents' consent/waiver signed.
• Make sure your dog is clean, and that their nails are short and rounded
• If your dog is shedding, please brush thoroughly before swimming
• Bring everything you will need for your dog: towels, floating treats, water toys, a water bowl, water, and a life jacket if you have one. We can provide a life jacket if you do not own one.
• Bring everything you will need for yourself and be prepared to get wet if you are actively involved in your dog's swim session
• You and your dog may be asked to remain near your vehicle in the parking area while a previous appointment is exiting the premises.
• Your dog will not be allowed to swim if they have been vomiting, have diarrhea, have a skin condition, have had recent surgery or an open wound
• Dogs must be under your control and on a leash while off the dock.
Please have your dog shake off excess water in the area above the ramp before stepping back onto the AstroTurf to minimize the water pools on the turf.
• Your time slot will only be open for the time that you have selected, time will not be made up for late arrivals.
• If you arrive early for your turn, please ensure to stay close to your car. You may potty your dog in our designated area while cleaning is being done or another client is ﬁnishing.
• When exiting from your turn please use the back stairs, exit around the back side of the pool giving the next appointment room to come up the front stairs.
Cancellation / Rescheduling Appointment Policy
Our goal at K9 Fun Centre is to provide the highest quality services in a timely manner. In order to do so, we have had to implement an appointment cancellation/rescheduling policy. This policy enables us to better utilize available appointments for our clients. Your consideration is greatly appreciated.
Life happens sometimes so if it is necessary to cancel or reschedule your scheduled appointment, we require that you let us know at least 48 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment to avoid cancellation/rescheduling fees. Exceptions to this policy will be considered on a case by case basis.
Session appointment cancellation/rescheduling policy will be subject to the following fee(s):Cancellation:
There are no refunds available if you withdraw from your reservation. We are not able to provide compensation for the missed session.Rescheduling:
If you reschedule your appointment 48 hours before your meeting time, there is no rescheduling fee.
If you reschedule your appointment with less than 48 hours notice you will be charged 30% of your deposit. The final adjusted balance will be due at the time of your rescheduled appointment.No-Show Policy
A "no-show" is someone who misses a scheduled appointment without canceling or rescheduling 48 hours in advance of their scheduled appointment. "No-shows" will be charged 100% of the session amount.Late Arrival for your Scheduled Appointment
If you arrive 10 minutes late or more, your appointment time will be reduced by the amount of time you were late to accommodate the next client's scheduled appointment.How to Reschedule Your Appointment
1. Send a private message to K9 FUN Centre dog training and pool in Calgary or e-mail K9FunFamily@gmail.com
2. Be advised; If you reschedule your appointment 48 hours before your meeting time there is no rescheduling fee.
3. If you reschedule your appointment with less than 48 hours notice you will be charged 30% of your deposit.
Yes, we are hosting dock diving beginner and dock diving advanced seminars - check the available dates here: https://portal.busypaws.app/customers/k9-fun-centre
Easy! book your introduction/swimming/dock diving session with an instructor here: https://portal.busypaws.app/customers/k9-fun-centre?service_id=6870
Liability! There is no lifeguard on duty nor the pool monitored for human safety.
Yes! Our instructor will introduce your dog to the water safely
There are no refunds available if you withdraw from your reservation. We are not able to provide compensation for the missed session. You're welcome to reschedule your appointment! If you need to change your time, you must do do at least 24 hours before your scheduled time or the fee is forfeited.